"Happiness is a Choice." quote taken from an interview of Drew Barrymore by Kevin Sessums

Friday, July 23, 2010

Way Too Much

This will be a quick blog tonight since I am completely exhausted tonight. Today I went out to purchase school supplies for my boys and did some grocery shopping. The boys went along and were actually helpful, but it still doesn’t change the fact that I went to three stores today and that is WAY TOO MUCH for me to do in one day. I still have not fully accepted that what I want to accomplish is not always a reasonable expectation, especially when it involves a lot of walking. So I will blog again tomorrow and it will be about one of the pivotal appointments I had with Elizabeth.

Also I want to say “thank you” to those who commented about yesterday’s blog. Honestly, I can’t say enough that if you don’t have the right doctor managing your RSD or any other auto-immune disorder, you are screwed. Don’t hesitate to change doctors if you feel that you are not receiving the care, respect and acknowledgment from your doctor. It is not your doctor’s feelings you need to worry about; you need to stand up for yourself and search for the doctor who is right for you. I was lucky and was referred to the right doctor for me once I was diagnosed. I know that for many, many people, this is not always the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment