"Happiness is a Choice." quote taken from an interview of Drew Barrymore by Kevin Sessums

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Websites and Ribbon


This is another one of those “short and sweet” blogs.

I have been seeing on a couple of RSD related sites that so many people do not understand the true definition of RSD, whether they are a patient or wondering if indeed they do have RSD. This confusion is heightened when a patient is seeing a doctor like a GP who is uneducated about the syndrome. For one of the best “definitions” of RSD that I have personally seen online, please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_regional_pain_syndrome. If need be, print it for yourself, your doctor, your friends, your family……anyone and anybody who needs to know more about this condition. Some people honestly think this is about some mild discomfort…..what is the big deal? Well it isn’t about some mild discomfort AND it is a really big deal because it is entails so much more than “putting out the flames.”

Also, I am VERY EXCITED to see that indeed RSD has a ribbon! I believe that it was designed by Tracy West Glasgow. Some RSD patients have even had this ribbon tattooed on their body…..problem is that this can cause more RSD symptoms so I think I
will pass on doing this myself.

And, lastly, I have literally just learned about another RSD website called American RSDHope http://www.rsdhope.org/. I plan to learn more about this site and see if its an information site or if it offers more……stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! Thank you I have waited 15 years for someone to do this. Where do I get the ribbons??

    Sincerely,
    Tupperts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete